Hands up if you enjoy packing. Nobody? Well, that was to be expected. Moving house can be exciting but packing up an entire house is a big undertaking and it’s made even more complicated when you’re in charge of boxing up delicate items – the last thing you want is to get the other end only to realise you’ve had some casualties in the moving process.
Luckily, removal companies in Perth have had years of packing experience and we’re no exception. So, here are our tips for ensuring that your delicate items arrive at your new house in one piece.
Keeping your fragile items safe
The trick when packing fragile items is to be prepared with bubble wrap, foam and paper so you can wrap your delicate items as you go. Also, have boxes of differing sizes so you can find the right fit – your fragile items should fit snugly but not be overpacked. Give your box a gentle shake before you seal it up and if it’s sounding a bit too rattly, you may need to add into some more packing materials. When it comes to protecting your items, you can also use items such as towels and blankets to offer additional protection at the top and bottom of the box. Of course, don’t forget to mark your box as fragile so anyone who grabs it knows to handle with care!
Tips for individual items
- Plates – wrap each plate individually in bubble wrap or paper and secure with tape. Stack your plates vertically and remember to place protective material at the top and bottom.
- Cups – pay extra attention to the handle which is the most common part to break when you’re moving. Add an extra piece of packing material around each handle and pack your cups upside down so they’re less likely to move around.
- Glassware – Wrap you glasses individually but also stuff paper inside your glasses so you minimise the risk of breakages. Don’t overpack your boxes and put plenty of packing material in between – your delicate glassware needs some breathing room!
- Mirrors – tape an X onto your mirror with masking tape for additional strength and invest in some corner protectors. Surround your mirror with carboard and it’s best transported upright next to soft furniture such as a couch.
- Lamps – separate the base from the shade and pack them separately with plenty of packing material. Find a box which fits the shade snugly and don’t be tempted to squeeze other items in there as they can damage the shade.
If you’ve been looking for removal companies Perth, WA, you can trust the experienced team at Emmanuel Transport. Whether you’re moving north or south of the river, we’ve been in the business for a long time and know how to get around the metro and surrounding areas. You can rely on us to show up on time, treat your items with care and get you moved in quickly and easily.