Perth is a glorious city and an awesome place to live, however for people moving to Perth, there are a lot of ‘hidden gems’ to visit!
Here are some of our favorites:
- Kings Park & Botanic Garden: boasting as one of the worlds largest inner-city parks, Kings Park is a fantastic place for a day visit. It holds lots of European and Aboriginal history and has lots of bush trails, gardens, parks and children’s activities. Check out the visitors’ center when you get there to plan your day.
- Swan Valley Wine Tours: If you’re a lover of wine, cheese, chocolate and even craft beer, this is the place for you! There are many tour companies who will take you on tours to the different wineries generally by bus so there doesn’t have to be a designated driver. Check out the Margaret River Chocolate Company where you can get a plethora of different treats along with ice cream.
- Elizabeth Quay: take a walk down to Elizabeth Quay to see the beautiful Swan River, grab a burger at V Burger and grab an Ice Cream from Barrack Street Jetty Ice Cream Kiosk. Take it the beautiful memorials and statues and you might even see a dolphin or two from the Lucky Shag Waterfront Bar.
- Perth Zoo: With over 1250 animals of 165 different species, Perth Zoo is a must-see whether you go with friends or take the kids. Opened in 1898, the Zoo has an Australian Walkabout, African Savannah, Asian Rainforest and Lesser Primates exhibitions. There are also facilities to get a bite to eat too.
- The Nostalgia Box Museum: Australia’s first games console museum, you’ll find gaming consoles from the 1970s to present day. It will give you a chance to relive your youth or show your kids what they missed out on!
- The Perth Mint: Being one of Perth’s leading attractions, the gold exhibition offers a combination of activities and demonstrations. The gold pour is a must see!
- Fremantle Prison: Built in the 19th century, the prison was built to hold convicts right through to 1991. it was a place of terrible misfortune to its tenants – hangings, floggings, and escapes were a regular occurrence. Guides will take you through the different tours and give you a spine-chilling experience – especially the night tours!
- Scitech: Scitech is Perth’s leading science education venue offering science experiences for people of all ages. Featuring exhibitions, the Planetarium, Puppet & Science theatre and the discovery shop, be prepared to be amazed at what science has to offer!
- Little Creatures Brewery: One of Fremantle’s star attractions, the brewery boasts Little Creatures delicacies along with a restaurant and gift shop next door. With a slight hipster vibe, you will not be disappointed. Head down for a Sunday session in the summer and have a beer.
- Rottnest Island: With ferries from Perth and Fremantle, Rottnest is a must-see for Perth locals. Famous for its habitant quokkas, there are lots to see and do whether that be for a day trip or overnight stay. Rent a bike and tour the island to view what Rottnest has to offer.
We at Emmanuel Transport love our Perth City. The weather is always nice and there is so much more that can be visited. We are a cheap removalists Perth company that is always available for your moving needs. Contact us for a free quote!