Giving your home a refresh After A House Move
The likelihood is that most of us can’t afford the luxury of hiring interior designer to bring your home into the here and now after a house move. If you’re thinking about doing so, here are some tips to help you along the way and keep those costs down!
- A fresh coat of paint goes a long way! If you’re selling your home, try to stay away from bold colors. New buyers tend to be attracted to whites and greys which make your home look larger and fresh. If you’re struggling for ideas, head to websites or apps like Pinterest or Instagram.
- Get yourself out to your local homeware or plant stores and buy some pot plants. Pot plants can be an easy way to put back interest in a room. They’ve become very popular lately, so you will easily find lots of different ones.
- Pillows and cushions are my personal favorite. They can be changed around depending on the season and can transform a boring room into something trendy and colorful.
- If you have any window treatments remove them and give windows a good clean. A bright view from the window is always a winner.
- Get creative with items you already have. Move the living room rug to another room and vice versa. Move around ornaments, change color themes etc. Not always do you need to buy new items – dig out some of your older items, give them a dust and re-use!